Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Roly Polies

I can't believe I have never seen this before!  One of my former students caught a roly poly and brought it to my class to show me.  At first I thought, oh a roly poly......nothing too exciting. 
 Then I saw it!!!! 
 Teeny tiny roly poly babies!  Apparently roly poly mommies carry their eggs in a pouch.  After the babies hatch, they stay in the pouch for several days before leaving to explore their new world. 
  I love unexpected moments!!!

Going underground! 
 The kids loved playing with our tub of plastic insects underground.  They built tunnels and houses with the blocks for the insects as well as pretending to be insects themselves!

This is the beginning of the insect mural the kids are creating.  I am out today and tomorrow for meetings. 
 I can't wait to see how it turned out when I get back Friday!

Check out these patterns!  We have only practiced AB patterns.
  They came up with AABB and ABB on their own!

They had fun counting and matching numbers this week.  
Bugs are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment