Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 10, 2014

Warning! Preschool Booby Traps!

During centers a couple of weeks ago, one little guy went over to the yarn and started quietly stringing it under, over and around everything in sight.  Instead of jumping in to make him stop I sat back and watched for a few minutes.  He stayed focused on his work as the other children played around him.  I finally asked him what he was working on.  He looked up at me with a smile and replied, "I'm making booby traps!"  He wasn't trying to catch anything or harm anyone.  Just simply making booby traps for fun.  This went on for a few days and soon half of the class had joined him!  I couldn't bring myself to stop them.  It was so much fun to watch the creativity, teamwork and problem solving unfold.  

So I decided to join them!
  One morning when they arrived they found a note on our door warning them that our classroom had been booby trapped. Enter at your own risk!

They had so much fun passing their coats and backpacks to friends on the other side so they could belly crawl into the classroom.  
(This was high enough for them to have to go under but low enough for me to step over!)

 I also had a "Laser" maze set up over our rug.  
This was a fun way to reteach positional words.
 (Crawl under, step between, jump over)



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, this is so cute! It's amazing that sometimes the children themselves create "teachable moments"! I am also a Pre-K teacher and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award for new blogs! If you are interested in accepting, please head over to my blog for the guidelines. I look forward to following your future posts!

    Jacqueline
    I is for Inspire

    ReplyDelete